Overall, being able to use rideshare services is a plus. These services, such as Uber or Lyft, have helped people have more economical means of travel on their own terms.
How Is Fault Determined in a Rideshare Accident?
An attorney handling a rideshare accident case involving injuries or death has to put the full picture together by gathering as much information as possible from the incident itself and then also investigate the driver, the vehicle, and the company that hired the driver. More than one party may be at fault. All the details of each specific case will add up to who is liable for compensation. Factors to investigate include:
- The driver’s driving record
- Possible driver impairment
- Vehicle maintenance
- Any safety issues or defects with the rideshare vehicle model
- Due diligence of the rideshare company in hiring the driver
- Photos from the scene
- Witness statements
- The driver’s insurance coverage
- The rideshare company’s insurance coverage
- Involvement of other vehicle drivers in the accident